Tia Carolina has come to Dubai!!. For real. No joke. She came with her daughter, the creative director of the fragrance section of Carolina Herrera Parfums to present Herrera Confidential at the Paris Gallery in Dubai Mall.
Of course you can imagine all the glamour the duo brought to the Fashion Catwalk on that already torrid Thursday in the middle of May.
To me, she is simply Elegance (big cap on purpose). I know I am a bit classic, maybe that is why her lines go very well with me. And one thing that just amazes me is that she is 76! and she is so full of energy, so beautiful and so open and curious about the world.
A bit about her life:
- Born in Venezuela
- Her first couture show, when she was 13, was Balenciaga.
- Part of the high society in New York in the 70’s.
- Part of Studio 54’s bunch : Bianca Jagger, Andy Warhol, Diane von Furstenberg..
- 1980, she started her company motivated by Diana Vreeland, the Vogue editor.
- 1984, she started a fur collection.
- 1987, she started a bridal line.
- 2000, the flagship store opens in Madison Avenue.
- 2002, CH Carolina Herrera is launched as a more affordable line. Now fragrances, handbags, shoes, menswear are part of the portfolio.
- 2008 the brand opens in the Uk market.
- Now brand is part of Puig.
- Plenty of awards: New York’s Award to Excellence, Spain’s Gold Medal for Merit in the Fine Arts and Gold medal by the Queen Sofia Spanish Institute.
With such an amazing life and such a successful career doing what she enjoys most, there is no wonder why she seems so happy and calm all the time. I found this short video about her and her vision, work processes and inspirations for the Spring /Summer 2015. By the way, I love this pique material on this sophisticated dresses and suits. It looks tres chic, it looks tres put together, it looks tres comfy. Muy bonito de veras!